[pp-org] Fwd: Fwd: Get your friends together for the International Day Against DRM (May 6, 2014)

Zbigniew Łukasiak zbigniew.lukasiak w polskapartiapiratow.pl
Czw, 24 Kwi 2014, 22:35:35 CEST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: DefectiveByDesign.org <info w defectivebydesign.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Subject: Get your friends together for the International Day Against DRM
(May 6, 2014)
To: Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy w gmail.com>

 Hello Zbigniew,

During the last year, we've seen Digital Restrictions Management creep
farther into the world of technology (including coffee
makers<https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140227/06521826371/keurig-will-use-drm-new-coffee-maker-to-lock-out-refill-market.shtml>and
cars<https://blogs.fsfe.org/gerloff/2013/10/31/renault-will-remotely-lock-down-electric-cars/>),
even as we build a stronger and stronger community to fight it. A growing
number of people are living within a box constrained by DRM without even
knowing it. The future is DRM in everything, if we don't do something.

*On May 6, 2014, our global community will come together for the eighth
International Day Against DRM <http://dayagainstdrm.org>. We'll be
gathering, protesting, making and sharing, showing the world and the media
that we insist on a future without DRM.*

<http://dayagainstdrm.org>

The Day is in two weeks, but you can get started now. Our goal is have more
than twice as many local events as last year and to make a big splash in
the media. Here's what you can do today, on
DayAgainstDRM.org<http://dayagainstdrm.org>
:

   -

   Share our HAZMAT suit graphics <http://dayagainstdrm.org#graphics> and
   let people know you'll be participating in the International Day Against
   DRM. In addition to sharable images, we have cover photos for social
media
   sites.
   -

   Tell the Defective by Design campaign where you
live<https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/profile/edit?reset=1&gid=201&cs=1daa9cfdb8d6c31446e5a93f314f4eac_1398367303_168&id=80628>,
   so you can receive notifications about May 6, 2014 events held by
   like-minded people in your area. This link is personalized for you, so
   please don't forward this email.
   -

   Get your friends together and plan an event yourself! The Web
site<http://dayagainstdrm.org#events>makes it easy with a discussion
list for event hosts and event ideas, from
   DRM-free movie and dance parties to protests.
   -

   Draft a blog post or make a video talking about the dangers of DRM, and
   get ready to post it on May 6th.

We'll keep in touch with more info leading up to the Day, when we'll use
the site to coordinate actions and events. Until then, let's spread the
word so that this can be the most powerful International Day Against DRM
ever.

Zak Rogoff
Campaigns Manager

PS - Are you affiliated with a business that sells DRM-free media? If so,
we'd love to help you join the shops offering promotions for the
International Day Against DRM, and tell our supporters about your business.
Just reply to this email for details.

*Read this post online at
https://defectivebydesign.org/day_against_drm_2014_announcement
<https://defectivebydesign.org/day_against_drm_2014_announcement>*

--
Follow us at https://status.fsf.org/dbd | Subscribe to our blog via RSS at
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/rss.xml | Donate to support the campaign

Defective by Design is a campaign of the Free Software Foundation:
51 Franklin Street
Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
United States

You can unsubscribe from this mailing list by visiting the link
https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=129867&qid=7469880&h=5cb041d3945a30be.

To stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by
Design,
and the Free Software Supporter newsletter, click this link:

https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=129867&qid=7469880&h=5cb041d3945a30be
.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak